Friday, July 07, 2006

Gone Fishing

I'll be on vacation until July 21st. Why not use this as an opportunity to visit the web site of the Religious Institute on Sexual Morality, Justice, and Healing and find out more about our ministry? Or scroll through the archives on the blog, and tell me which ones are your favorites.
Leave a comment about your favorite one of my blog entries, send me an email at info@religiousinstitute.org with your snail mail address, and we'll send you a complimentary poster of the Religious Declaration. Have a blessed two weeks!




1 comment:

Zachary Drake said...

I just recently discovered your blog, and I appreciate it's existence. I linked to your Religious Declaration on Sexual Morality, Justice, and Healing from my blog:

http://zdrake.blogspot.com/2006/07/newsflash-religious-figure-talks.html

I think you are doing very important work. Religious institutions need to step up to the plate when it comes to dealing with sexuality, and so far it seems that head-in-the-sand puritanism is the only thing on offer. It makes me proud to be a Unitarian Universalist when I see our denomination putting forward sensible, kind-hearted, inclusive views on this subject that seems to make many people of faith batty.

Your Declaration comes from a theistic point of view, and I'm a rather strident humanist, so I have to "translate" it into my own terms. But naturally as a UU I have a lot of experience doing this. Not that I'd want you to change the wording. I bet the majority of the people who would benefit from hearing your gospel (good news: God doesn't hate your sexual nature!) believe in God, too.

Keep up the good work.