Monday, March 30, 2009

Ministerial Credentialing

I'm just back from five days at the meetings of the Ministerial Fellowship Committee of the UUA. It's the committee responsible for reviewing candidates for our ministry and granting preliminary and final fellowship.

This is my third meeting, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be of service to my denomination in this way. I know it may sound simplistic, but I LOVE the Unitarian Universalist Association, I LOVE being one of its ministers, and I am so moved by the 13 other people who serve with me on this committee.

All of our meetings with candidates are confidential, but to those of my readers who are in process, I want you to know that this is one of the finest group of people I know, that we want you to succeed, and that if you pay attention to all the feedback along the way, address your identified growing edges, learn and integrate the content we clearly outline that we require, have a strong commitment and understanding of our movement, its history, and polity, and connect with your future colleagues, you will succeed and even enjoy meeting with us.

My heart is filled.

No comments: