Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gratitude

A reporter called me yesterday to do a profile of me and the Religious Institute for her magazine.

At the end of the phone call, she asked me if I was glad that I had become a minister.

I was flooded with feelings of gratitude and caught my breath. "I am so glad," I answered. "I am so grateful for the work I get to do, the people I get to meet, the places I get to go, the lives I am privileged to share, the opportunties that have emerged through my ministry."

Today is my birthday, and it seems like a good time to say "Thank you". Thank you to my spouse, my children, my family, my friends, my colleagues, and to all of you who care to find out what I think. Thank you to God for my life, my health, my ministry, and for the love that supports and sustains me.

I am blessed and grateful...and very glad.

5 comments:

Lizard Eater said...

Happy Birthday and thank you for all you do!

Lilylou said...

Happy Birthday, Deb, and I too am glad you're in this world with us all.

KarenE said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy birthday!

Picky Eater said...

Count me in as someone who is grateful for your work, too. :-)

Happy Birthday. Blessings to all.