Thursday, January 10, 2008

Post New Hampshire Primary Thoughts

My regular readers already know that I'm a bit of a political junkie. I was excited by the results of the New Hampshire primary because it is now clear that there is indeed a real race for the White House.

I'd still be happier though if the candidates were talking honestly and directly about sexual justice issues. In the most recent issue of Tikkun magazine, Tim Palmer and I have a column on why sexual justice should not be "buried under common ground" during the election season.

You can read it at http://www.tikkun.org/magazine/tik0801/frontpage/sexual_justice/base_view

Next week, the Religious Institute will release a list of questions that we hope the candidates will answer on a wide range of issues affecting sexual health and sexual rights. Stay tuned.

No comments: