Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gratitude for Five Years of Ministry

This weekend is the fifth anniversary of my ordination to the Unitarian Universalist ministry.

I'm not sure how one celebrates this milestone.

With prayer. For sure. By lighting a candle. (I did in my heart during joys and concerns this morning.) By journaling about all that this journey has meant. (Private journaling.) By blogging.

By taking the time for Thank You's. Thank you to my colleagues at the Religious Institute and the Christian Community. Thank you to the donors (big and small) who make my ministry possible. Thank you to the people at the Unitarian Church in Westport. Thank you to the people who have allowed me the privilege to walk with them during counseling sessions, weddings, hospital stays, and funerals -- and the people who have opened their congregations, their seminaries, their schools, and their organizations to hear my message about sexual justice and about sexual healing. Thank you to the progressive colleagues who walk with me and who speak out, and thank you to my immediate family and the friends who are the family of my heart for always believing, even when I have not.

And the deepest gratitude for the spirit of life that calls me to this path and sustains me every day. I am thankful beyond words for the blessings of my ministry and my life.

Amen.

No comments: