Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Facebook and Twitter

My young adult and teenage children used to say they couldn't believe I had a blog when they didn't.

They were considerably less enthusiastic when three weeks ago I signed up for a Facebook account. Neither will "friend" me. I've been trying to keep my Facebook access only to people who I actually know, and I've been concerned about whether to ignore requests from professionals in my fields who I have never met.

So, last night, I signed up for Twitter. Anyone can now "follow" me at RevDebra. (I have to admit that I'm a bit uncomfortable about the language of people I don't know "following me." I have had a few death and physical harm threats over the past 25 years, but my colleagues on Twitter have assured me that in this one case being "unprotected" is a good thing.) I'll keep my Twitter up-to-date on what I am doing, new resources, and my 140 character take on what's going on in the world of sexuality and religion.

I'd welcome your suggestions and ideas!

No comments: