Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Half Marathon



That's me in the middle, with my good friends Betsy and Cynthia, at the end of the More Half Marathon. Note the medals! (Okay, they gave them to everyone who finished, but I'm still proud of it!)

It's the first time since my mid twenties that I've done anything like this. It was hot in NYC today -- 90 degree hot -- and they actually cancelled the full marathon. (I had only planned to do half!)

I dedicated my walk to the women and girls in the Congo and raised monies to support the V-Day Congo campaign.

It was amazing to see 10,000 women over 40 who had trained to be part of this event. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm ready to sign up for next year.

I wasn't sure I could do it -- and running the last quarter mile over the finish line felt great! Thanks to all of you who supported me -- and the 10,000 women who decided that middle age women can do anything we set our minds to!

No comments: