Monday, February 18, 2008

Be fruitful and multiply also means go have sex!

I'm just back from a weekend at a lovely resort in Bermuda where I led a series of couple's workshops on love, intimacy and sex. I was there as a favor to a colleague who had arranged the workshops for the month of February but had to be elsewhere this particular weekend.

And what's so interesting to me is that although this was a completely secular workshop, religious influences on these couple's lives kept coming up, especially in the side conversations. Without violating anyone's confidentiality, let me just say that once again, I learned the powerful permission giving role that clergy can play in affirming that sexuality is part of God's blessing and how in even the most conservative religions, sexuality in marriage is to be enjoyed and celebrated. As I told one couple, God wants you to have great sex! I wish more clergy were giving that message!

While I was away, I found out that this blog won two first place awards in the UU blog contest and several second and third places. Thank you to all of you who voted for me -- and check out the other blog winners here. There are some great ones that may be new to you!

I'm off tomorrow to speak at a private school in upstate New York. More on Wednesday when I return. (My close friends and family are beginning to implore me to talk to my overdemanding boss who has taken too many speaking engagements this fall and spring...oh, that would be me.)

1 comment:

Aaron Sawyer said...

I love reading your blog!