Friday, February 29, 2008

A Brief Commercial...

Happy Leap Year Day!

I've decided to take this "extra" day off today and enjoy some private time, but I couldn't wait to tell you my big news.

I'm about to have a new baby...of sorts.

I held it for the first time this week -- the actual hardcover of my new book for parents. It won't be in stores for a few weeks, but I just found out it can be pre-ordered on amazon for a 5% additional discount before it goes on sale in stores.

And if you order it from this link directly, a portion of the proceeds will benefit our work at the Religious Institute, promoting sexual justice in America's faith communities.

The book addresses how to raise physically, emotionally, sexually, and spiritually healthy children and teens. I look at the media myths that are scaring parents unnecessarily and the real challenges that today's parents and children face. If you are a parent or a grandparent, a youth serving professional or involved with youth in religious institutions, I hope you'll take a look.

And let me know what you think! I'm eager for others to meet the new baby too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't imagine how exciting it is to hold it for the first time... new baby or new book (I hope to have both someday). Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Debra..I hope parents will read and take advantage of all of your(our) insights in this book...we can all use a positive light to move to in all the darknes...best wishes for much success with this...you are a terrific MOM!

Love,

P(Dad :-))

Debra W. Haffner said...

Miya, thanks. The real babies are of course better. And thanks to anonymous for all his support.....