Thursday, April 10, 2008

V-Day to the 10th

I'll be traveling to New Orleans on Thursday to spend the weekend at the "V-Day to the 10th" celebration. I'll be meeting with women activists, supporting efforts to end violence against women, and listening to speeches and workshops, seeing Eve Ensler's new play on the women of Katrina, and attending a performance of the Vagina Monologues starring among others:

Salma Hayek, Oprah Winfrey, Faith Hill, Jane Fonda, Glenn Close, Ali Larter, Calpernia Addams, Rosario Dawson, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Beals, Didi Conn, Christine Lahti, Jennifer Hudson, Doris Roberts, Liz Mikel, and Charmaine Neville.

And I'm bringing my 22 year old daughter and my mother, so that three generations of women in our family can experience this together.

I offered my prayers and blessings to the extraordinary Eve Ensler on Wednesday. Hold all of the women and men who are attending this weekend for the women of the gulf in your hearts and prayers. I'll blog from New Orleans.

No comments: