Friday, April 27, 2007

Don't Get Attached to the Outcome

I've been working on my sermon all day and didn't get around to writing a blog post. I'm preaching Sunday at my home congregation, the Unitarian Church in Westport. My sermon topic is "Don't Get Attached to the Outcome" and I'll be looking at the balance between control and letting go and how our own attitudes and actions affect our lives. I won't be talking much about sexuality, although a little bit of that is sure to come up.

I am talking about lessons from the book of Ecclessiastes and what's wrong with "The Secret". I'll talk about the challenges of living each day the best way we can, and I quote the Talmud: “In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things God put on earth which we refused to enjoy.”

If you're in the area, I'd love to have you join us for worship. And, the sermon will be posted in a few days at our web site.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: