Friday, June 23, 2006

Live Report from the UU General Assembly


I'm writing this on my second day at the General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association. Last night, along with more than 30 other ministers, I was welcomed into final fellowship at the Service of the Living Tradition.

It was a deeply moving experience. I began my journey to ministry almost 18 years ago when I first experienced my call. I resisted that call for nine years, but it's been almost 10 years since I began seminary very part time. So, last night was a powerful confirmation and affirmation of a decade of study, internships, hospital service, and the practice of ministry.

I was SO happy to be there, happy to be a Unitarian Universalist minister, happy to be with so many dedicated colleagues, happy to be part of an association where the largest banner declares "civil marriage is a civil right" -- and happy to be doing the work I love and feel so called to do in the world.

I wanted to share the moment.

1 comment:

Jamie Goodwin said...

Congratulations!

and what a beautiful robe!